Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rejection Never Felt So Good

Times in life when one can be rejected:
  • Receiving an F on a test or in a class entirely
  • Being in the lane that just closed (bank, grocery store, toll plaza, etc.)
  • Being fired
  • Breaking up
So...internet dating. Another fun place to be rejected. I e-mailed someone interesting yesterday, and this morning I received this. You know, if everyone could take the time to (a) acknowledge and respond, and (b) use candor, this world might be a better place:

"I hope you are having a great week. Thank you for the email and interest in my profile, I'm very flattered. I feel like we have common interests, but I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I have met someone on match that I think may turn into a relationship and I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like to juggle women, I don't believe it is fair to anyone. With that being said I hope you understand if I don't continue to get to know you better until I'm certain of where this may lead. Maybe if things don't work out you will consider giving me another chance at getting to know you. I wish you the best of luck finding a match."

Fantastic. So much better than silence. (I kind of want to copy it to use in replying to people, myself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment