Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Creepy or Cool?

Atlanta has a rich history, and speaking of rich -- lots of old money. Let's just say that a deceased benefactor earned plenty via a carbonated beverage . Let's just say that there is a Foundation that bears his last name and that my employer and many other non-profits around the world reap the benefits. Let's just say that a good number of buildings where I work also bear that last name. Let's just say that not only my building but a conference room IN my building bear his name. This conference room may only be reserved for "high-level" meetings -- and trust me, if you're found booking said room and your meeting isn't high-level enough, you will be asked to find another location. Really. I don't cross the threshold, let's just say.

My building was recently renovated and the Foundation Board is coming for a tour today. I went downstairs to the office of Buildings & Construction to prove that though I threatened it, no, I am not wearing daisy dukes, a tube top and rollerskates today (you know, for our esteemed guests).

I learned this: every Monday, a red rose and a bottle of that carbonated beverage are placed beneath his portrait, because that's what they do at the Foundation.

Creepy...or cool?

(Oh, and am I the only one who really wants to know now if said bottle is opened for him, too????)

No comments:

Post a Comment