Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh, and what about parking?

Lord knows I’m not always the best when it comes to reading comprehension. So this is me, yet again, on a slow boat to hell for mocking others. The following is verbatim e-mail correspondence between me and the executive assistant of a local CEO. Names have been changed, and of course bolding of what floors me:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: [Me]

Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:24 AM
To: [Doe, Jane]
Subject: Checking in
Hey, [Jane] – thanks for letting [My Boss] know to keep you in the loop! Speaking of that upcoming meeting, [My Boss] asked me to check in to see if [Mr. CEO] can join us, at least for the morning session. The meeting will begin at 8:30am in the [Campus Location]. I haven’t received the full agenda yet, so the end time for the morning session is a bit up in the air, but as soon as I’ve seen something more definite, I can be back in touch.
Also let me know if I can help find [Mr. CEO] a place to park. Many thanks. –[Me]—

From: Doe, Jane

Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:28 PM
To: [Me]
Subject: re: Checking in
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but yes he plans to attend. How long should I book for the morning session? Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the record, it took two additional e-mails on my part to pry out of her that, indeed, her boss needs parking. Shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment