Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Miss Phil

Phil saw me cry, on probably too many occasions. Phil never asked how I was feeling. Phil didn’t compliment outfits. Phil wasn’t curious about what I did over the weekend. Phil didn’t take into account anyone’s feelings when making a decision. Phil didn’t wear his heart on his sleeve. Phil didn’t make it a point to greet me warmly in the morning and wish me a good evening.

However.

Phil was predictable. Phil didn’t make me read his mind. Phil didn’t rearrange his schedule on a whim at the last minute all day every day. Phil didn’t ask three people to do the same thing. Phil knew how to manage people. Phil used his time wisely. Phil didn’t second-guess himself. Phil didn’t fret. Phil didn’t sweat the small stuff. With Phil, no meant no and yes meant yes…and we were done.

Phil asked me to go with him and I didn’t. No regrets, but I sure do miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment